Department of Basic Education hereby invites applications for recruitment to the post of Chief Information Officer. The application will close on 22nd February 2019.
Department of Basic Education advertised posts are as follows:
- Chief Information Officer: Three (3) years renewable contract Ref 25621/03
- A relevant undergraduate qualification (NQF level 7) and a post graduate qualification in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field.
- At least 8 to 10 years of experience at a senior managerial level
- Knowledge Management, Service Delivery Innovation, Problem Solving and Analysis, Client Orientation, Customer Focus, Communication Skills. Core Competencies:Strategic Capacity and Leadership, People Management and Empowerment, Financial Management, Change Management, ICT Strategic Leadership and Capability, ICT Programme and Project Management Delivery, Business Enterprise Knowledge, IT Risk and Security
- Transformational, Innovative and creative, Results-Oriented, Risk Management, Good Interpersonal Relations, Confidentiality, Ethical, Judgement
- Must be confident, trustworthy, accurate adaptable and diplomatic
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel extensively
How to apply
Submitted via post to: Private Bag X895, Pretoria, 0001 or hand-deliver to: The Department of Basic Education, 222 Struben Street, Pretoria. Please visit the Department of Education’s website at www.education.gov.za or the Department of Public Service and Administration vacancy circulars at www.dpsa.gov.zaFor Attention: Ms M Thubane. Applications must submitted on a signed z83 form.
ENQUIRIES: Dr M Pillay Tel No:012357 3309/3361