Department of Arts and Culture hereby invites applications for recruitment to the post of Chief Language Practitioner. The application will close on 19th July 2019 @ 16:00.
Department of Arts and Culture advertised post is as follows:
- CHIEF LANGUAGE PRACTITIONER: FOREIGN LANGUAGES (TRANSLATOR: FRENCH AND PORTUGUESE/SPANISH INTO ENGLISH) REF NO: DAC14/2019
- An appropriate, recognised Bachelor’s degree with French, Portuguese / Spanish or Translation as a major subject.
- 3-5 years’ proven French and Portuguese / Spanish translation experience. Excellent command of English.
- Proven general computer literacy.
- Ability to translate and edit text electronically.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the Use of Official Languages Act, 2012, and its regulations.
- Successful completion of a departmental French and Portuguese / Spanish into English translation test
How to apply
Please forward your application, quoting the relevant reference number and the number and the name of this publication to: The Director: Human Resource Management, Department of Arts and Culture, Private Bag X897, Pretoria, 0001. Applications can also be hand delivered to the Department of Arts and Culture, Sechaba House (previously known as VWL Building), 202 Madiba Street, cnr Madiba and Paul Kruger Streets, Pretoria.
Applications must be submitted on Form Z83, obtainable from any Government department or online at www.gov.za.
ENQUIRIES: Ms P Mulaudzi, Ms B Manqaba, Ms N Ngcama, Ms S Botha, Tel No: 012-441 3646/3730/0823243637