Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and Department of Science and Technology (DST) invites students to apply for Inter-Programme Bursary Support (IBS) 2018 academic year to study at Science and Technology. The advertised bursaries are for the following study field: Aerospace, Composites, Modelling and digital sciences (data science, biometrics, cybersecurity and so forth), Microsystems Technology, Titanium (manufacturing elements), Photonics (free space communication, fibre-optics, laser welding and optics), Biotechnology (Biopharming, bio- processing and bio – catalysis) and Information and Communications Technology.
Location: South Africa
Closing Date: 29 September 2017
The focus areas for the bursary are restricted to the following research areas:
- Modelling and digital sciences (data science, biometrics, cybersecurity and so forth)
- Microsystems Technology
- Titanium (manufacturing elements)
- Photonics (free space communication, fibre-optics, laser welding and optics)
- Biotechnology (Biopharming, bio- processing and bio – catalysis)
- Information and Communications Technology
Bursary Value Per Annum
- Honours : R60 000
- Masters : R90 000
- PhD : R120 000
- Full-time students studying towards an Honours, Masters or PhD degree at any South African public university.
- Students approved for or registered for fulltime studies for Master’s or PhD degrees at any South African public university may apply.
- Students who intend to register for Honours/4th year Engineering/BTech will also be considered.
- The CSIR-DST Inter-Bursary Programme applications are restricted to those students whose degrees are aligned to the research areas and technology streams indicated below.
- Supervisor endorsement and motivation will be required with each bursary application.
- Preference will be given to applicants from previously disadvantaged backgrounds and people living with disabilities.
How to Apply
Download application forms and the general guidelines here:
Click here to download application form: Honours/4th year Engineering/BTech Level
Click here to download application form: Masters or Doctoral level
General guidelines about applications
Application forms and more information about the IBS can also be obtained from the postgraduate funding office of each of the public universities.
For more information on the DST-CSIR inter-bursary support (IBS) programme, please contact the IBS administrator at: [email protected]