Council of Geoscience (CGFS) hereby invites applications for recruitment to the post of Senior Scientist. The application will close on 22nd November 2018.
The Council of Geoscience (CGFS) advertised post is as follows:
- Senior Scientist – Seismic Hazard
- BSc Honors plus 8 years relevant experience, in geophysics / or civil/structural/geotechnical engineering or
- MSc plus 4 years relevant experience, or Ph.D. education in seismology/ or civil/structural/geotechnical engineering
- Experience in probabilistic seismic hazard assessments.
- Experience of modern digital databases and the use of multidisciplinary data.
- Experience in developing software using any programming language.
- Knowledge of continental settings (geologic terrain and seismotectonics).
- SACNASP registration as Professional Natural Scientist.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Computer literacy in MS Office.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements and wish to apply, please send your application to [email protected]. Position reference is (Senior Scientist – Seismic Hazard), Please quote the position reference when submitting your application.